16 Apr 2015

Tofu Masala


I've not been posting for quite sometime as life paused when we heard of the demise of one of our known friend.... Boopesh Kumar. I've known him for only a very short time, just for about four months.... but what was really shocking was the fact that I knew him right from the day he landed in this country. He came here for his studies with a lot of dreams to settle down in life and have a future ahead. As far as I know, he was a very good person.... calm, quite and soft spoken. He always kept to himself. The questions haunting me are.... 'Did life make him travel here to die?' 'Did his parents wave him at the airport at his departure here, to see him come back in a coffin?' 'Why was he saved, hospitalised, battled for life (actually for death) for five days and ultimately die?' 'Atleast if he had died on that drowning itself.... he needn't have had the prolonged suffer of pain' 'If somebody saved a person wasn't it meant that they had another chance?' My head is full of unanswerable queries.... I know it.... we all would have had such experiences.... must learn to live with it and move ahead..... 

I never buy this fried tofu..... but last week when I saw them at the market I couldn't resist my thought of trying them once as I have tasted it in our Malaysia friend's house. So here is awesome recipe which was Pushpa akka shared with me. She also told that, instead of store bought fried tofu, we can tawa fry the tofu at home as she generally makes it.... Here's the recipe..

You will need..........
  • 1 packet of fried tofu
  • 1 small onion finely chopped
  • 1 small tomato finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp of chilli powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 tsp of oil


Get going..........

Heat oil in a kadai and saute the onions until they turn translucent. Then add in the tomatoes along with the required salt and cook until mushy. Now add the fried tofu along with the chilli powder and saute it util the tofu is coated well with the masala. Sprinkle water if necessary. Switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves if you have them in hand.


Enjoy it with rice and unspiced curry of your choice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...