8 Oct 2012

Blueberry Muffins


I'm not an ardent fan of fruits or nuts into cakes. Plain tea cake is and has always been my favourite. But this blueberry muffin was long on my to-do list after I tasted it in one of the bakeries here. I was able to buy blueberries in this week's shopping and try out these at once. They were very soft (Note: I didn't use butter in my recipe) and after 15 mins in my oven they filled the house  with a divine smell that only baker's are gifted with..... Now on to the recipe. I adapted it from JoyOfBaking.
  
You will need..........

Egg - 1 (lightly beaten)
Yogurt - 1 cup
Oil - 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Raw Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 and 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Blueberries - 1 cup (frozen)



Get going..........
  1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg, oil, vanilla extract and yogurt.
  2. In another bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently sir in the blueberries.
  3. Now fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined and moistened.
  4. Prepare a muffin pan and fill them with the mixture.
  5. Bake them in a pre-heated oven for about 20 mins until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
  6. Cool them before removing from the pan.

Have it warm along with a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...