I'm not an ardent fan of fruits or nuts into cakes. Plain tea cake is and has always been my favourite. But this blueberry muffin was long on my to-do list after I tasted it in one of the bakeries here. I was able to buy blueberries in this week's shopping and try out these at once. They were very soft (Note: I didn't use butter in my recipe) and after 15 mins in my oven they filled the house with a divine smell that only baker's are gifted with..... Now on to the recipe. I adapted it from JoyOfBaking.
Egg - 1 (lightly beaten)
Yogurt - 1 cup
Oil - 1/3 cup
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Raw Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1 and 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Blueberries - 1 cup (frozen)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg, oil, vanilla extract and yogurt.
- In another bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently sir in the blueberries.
- Now fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined and moistened.
- Prepare a muffin pan and fill them with the mixture.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven for about 20 mins until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool them before removing from the pan.
Have it warm along with a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!