This is one of the simplest and the yummiest combinations with rasam.... But today I wanted to make it along with Poondu Kuzhambu and it went along well.... We loved it. Normally I do not add coconut to any of my recipes.... but you can try this one along with a tablespoon or a handful of coconut gratings and I swear it would turn divine.
Toor dhal - 1/2 cup
Dry red Chilli - 3
Garlic - 3 pods (small)
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - as needed
- Heat a kadai with a tsp of oil.
- Roast the red chillies and toor dhal until golden brown. Let it cool completely.
- Grind it along with garlic pods and salt.
- After grinding it to a coarse powder, add water and grind it into smooth paste.
- You can add a curry leaves while roasting and grind it together. It enhances the flavour.
- You can even store it as paruppu podi without adding water to it while grinding.