Cabbage was one of the veggies that hardly lined up in my menu, since my childhood days. But after I tried the red one....it has become a regular side dish. And you know what, it regularly sits in my kitchen. My tip for you, to have your cabbage for longer days without losing its freshness, is to cook it on a leaf to leaf basis rather than cutting them down into quarters!!!! This is a very simple cabbage poriyal that can be an excellent side dish. Do give it a try.....
Cabbage - 1 cup (shredded)
Green chilli - 2 (finely chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Heat a kadai with oil.
- Temper it with mustard and urad dhal.
- Then throw in the green chillies and saute it for some time.
- Now add in the cabbage and saute it for 3 mins. If you find it sticky just add a little water.
- Let it cook until its done.
And your cabbage poriyal is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You can even do this with the other green cabbage.
- Adding egg to it lastly, and scrambling them will enhance the taste.
- You can even add 1/2 tsp of pepper powder lastly, for that extra kick.