25 Feb 2013

Spinach Poriyal


 

I've not been able to update for the past few days due to my health conditions.... and now getting back to normal, I wanted to post this Spinach Poriyal... When I just scrolled down my posts, I was surprised to see that off-late I've posted quite a lot of recipes with one Green or the other.... I gave a pat on my back.... Healthy Cooking!!!!!!!!! The post today is a very simple one.... yet a healthy and delicious recipe...

All you need is...........

Spinach - a bunch (chopped roughly small)
Garlic - 5 pods (chopped lengthwise)
Dry Red Chilli - 3
Mustard - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp


Get going..........

Heat oil in a kadai and season with mustard seeds and urad dhal. Then add in the dry red chillies. Throw in the garlic and saute it for a min. Now add the spinach leaves and stir until they are cooked and reduced in volume. This might hardly take 3-4 mins. Add salt to taste and switch off the stove.


Enjoy this spinach poriyal with hot rice and curry of your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...