8 Nov 2012

Bread Broccoli Upma


I usually wed broccoli with pasta and they will go happily into our tummies..... But yesterday I was short of the wholemeal pasta's and was wondering how to put in my broccoli's for dinner, as they've already sat in my fridge for four days...... So I was just surfing around to find something to go along with this veggie... Yippee!!! I came across this bread upma in Gayathri's blog. She had them done with capsicum..... so my cook mind instructed me to replace them with broccoli..... and 'yes' it was right..... The dish came out well.... but I thought of variations that I need to try out the next time.... I've put my ideas in the notes.... 



You will need...........

Wheat bread - 4 slices (cut into squares)
Broccoli - 1 (cut into small florets)
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp


Get going...........
  1. Heat oil in a kadai, and temper it with mustard, urad dhal and curry leaves.
  2. Now add in the onions and cook until translucent.
  3. Add in the broccoli florets and saute them for 3 mins until almost cooked.
  4. Add in the tomatoes and let them turn mushy.
  5. Now add the chilli powder and salt. Mix well and saute for 2 mins.
  6. Drop in the bread pieces and mix such that each of them are coated well with the masala.
  7. Switch off the stove and serve it hot.

Serve it hot with raita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notes:
- You can avoid the tomatoes.(I thought I should try without them)
- You can add in 5 garlic pods along with the onions. They will give a nice flavour to the dish.
- You can add in 1/4 tsp of freshly ground pepper along with a dash of lime.
- Instead of broccoli you can try them with capsicum or ather vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...