Are you like me, the one who doesn't have the tastebud for radish??? Then you should definitely try out this Radish Peanut Curry...... I bet you'll start loving radish.... if not atleast this radish in this dish for sure.... I swear it'll be a hit in your dining table..... The original version of the recipe can be found here
You will need..........
Radish - 300 gms (chopped)
Onion - 1 (cut into chunks)
Green Chilly - 4
Peanuts - 5 tbsp
Tomato - 1 (chopped)
Coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
- Heat a kadai with 2 tsp oil.
- Drop in cumin, coriander seeds, fenugreek along with the peanuts.
- When they turn golden brown, add green chillies and onion. Saute well. Cool them and run it through a blender to make a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In the same pan add the remaining oil.
- Season it with mustard seeds. When it pops add the radish with little salt and let it cook.
- Add the tomatoes when the radish is half way and cover it. Cook until they are completely done.
- Now add in the ground paste with required water and salt. Bring it to boil.
- Switch off the stove when it reaches the desired consistency.
Serve with rice or roti and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!