I am always on the hunt for easy mixed rice recipes...... Here is a very simple jeera rice.... I've just added peas to it for a good, healthy colorful combo!!!
All you need is...........
Rice - 1 cup (uncooked)
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Peas - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 (sliced lengthwise)
Garlic - 5 pods (sliced)
Salt - to taste
- Soak rice for atleast 30 mins and drain it. Keep aside.
- Heat a cooker with oil. Temper it with jeera.
- Add onion and garlic. Saute well until onion becomes translucent.
- Pour 2 cups of water and bring it to boil. Add salt.
- Now add in the rice. Stir and close the cooker.
- Let it cook for about 15 mins on low flame.
- Switch off the stove.
Enjoy it warm with curry of your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You can avoid peas if you want it plain.
- Tempering it with ghee will make the rice more flavorful.
- Lower the heat once you add rice, to avoid it sticking to the bottom.