I've been waiting for month's and finally the day came when I took it out of my oven............ It had those lines on it.... smelled divine............ wondering what???? It is my Zebra cake. I was very much taken aback by this cake at its very first sight... and badly wanted to bake it. Since it needed cocoa (and me not being a chocolaty person) I just postponed it. But soon after trying moist chocolate cake, the next thing I wanted to make is this Zebra cake and it came out quite well for a first timer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Firstly, I had only raw sugar at hand and it changed the colour of my vanilla lining with brown tint.... making the lines less distinct. But still Zebra is Zebra... but a faintly striped one ;-) Secondly, I should have waited until the cake completely cooled down.... Check out here for the recipe source.
You will need..........
Flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Curd - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Milk - 5 tbsp
- In a bowl, take curd along with sugar and salt. Stir until its dissolved completely.
- Add baking powder and soda. Mix it and leave aside for 3 min. It becomes frothy.
- Then add oil and vanilla. Mix gently.
- Slowly fold in the sieved flour into it. Do not overmix. Batter is now ready.
- Take cocoa powder in a bowl and mix it with 4 tbsp milk without any lumps. Now add in half the batter to this mixture.
- To the remaining batter add 4 tbsp of milk. Mix it.
- In a prepared baking tin, alternate 1 tbsp of batter with the other starting with the vanilla until finished.
- Bake it for 35 min in 180 deg until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool it in the tin for 15 min before inverting. Then slice it after it completely cools down.
Enjoy this piece of scrumptious dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!