So, how was the weekend? Mine was quite good... went window shopping... With Christmas round the corner, the entire city looks pretty with a taint of red and green... everyone happy, looking forward for the season. With world premiere of 'The Hobbit' to be held here this week, we are having the screening of 'The Lord of the rings' trilogy one on each day, starting yesterday.... Since it was very cold and windy we returned home before the show was even over. Anyway, had a nice time.... Now on to the recipe....
As I've already mentioned I'm not such a big fan of chocolates wedded to cakes..... I made these cupcakes for a visit to a friend's house. The cupcakes came out very well and with the chocochips sprinkled over them they looked even more wonderful....
You will need.........
Flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Chocochips - 1/4 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup (100 gms)
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
- Beat butter and sugar in a wide bowl, until the sugar completely dissolves. Now add milk and vanilla essence. Beat it well until light and creamy.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients in two batches and just combine. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into prepared trays and top them with chocochips.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg for 25 -30 mins until done.
- Allow it to cool in the tray for 10 mins. Remove them and place on wire racks. After a while store them in containers.
Enjoy your cupcakes warm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!