3 Nov 2012

Eggless Butterless Moist Chocolate Cake


Something brown with a chocolaty tint are always the one I avoid..... My palettes do love chocolates but not when its cooked with a cake or when its drenched in coffee.... But when I came across this recipe here in Rak's kitchen (my most favourite food blog), I thought I must give it a try... It made me feel that my baking would never be complete without buying cocoa powder... and so at last I bought it yesterday and made this eggless butterless moist chocolate cake..... It came out of the oven smelling so divine...... I couldn't wait to slice them until they cooled... so you could make this out in my photograph's itself.... the edges are crumbly and uneven...... So after you bake these goodies DO ALLOW THEM TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE SLICING, for  good shots....




You will need..........

Plain Flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Cocoa powder - 3 tbsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Water - 1 cup
Raw Sugar - 1 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp (can replace it with vinegar)
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1/4 cup


Get going..........

  1. Sieve flour, baking soda and cocoa powder for even mixing. 
  2. In another bowl mix water, salt and sugar. 
  3. Ensure sugar is completely dissolved. Then add vanilla, lemon juice and oil. Mix well.
  4. Now add the sifted flour to the wet ingredients. Mix until completely moist. Do not overmix.
  5. Grease a pan with oil. Dust it with flour. Pour this batter into it.
  6. Place the pan in a preheated oven and bake until done. Mine took exactly 23 mins.
  7. Cool it for 15 mins and then invert on a wire rack.
  8. Cool it completely before slicing.

Enjoy it with nutella topped or drizzle some chocolate syrup for an extra chocolaty taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notes:
- You can even add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips along with the batter.
- Do remember to let it cool completely before slicing.
- You can top it with nuts of your choice after pouring the batter in the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...