Paneer is one of my most favourite dishes.... I encountered paneer only a decade back when we were on a trip to Pondi.... At first I was hesitant thinking it might taste like some root veggie.... but was persuaded by my uncle to have a bite..... after which I completely fell in love with this whityyyyy..... Though I've not tried out this tikka till now... it was always on my to-do list...... and finally the day came when I purchased the skewers and pushed them into the oven..... I adapted from in Rak's kitchen.... my favourite blog spot....
You will need...........
Paneer - 200gm (cut into cubes)
Capsicum - 1 (cut into squares)
Mushroom - 2 (quartered)
Onion - 1 (cut into squares)
Skewers - 4
Curd - 4 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients given under 'for marinate' without any lumps.
- Coat all the pieces well and refrigerate atleast for 2 hours.
- Then insert the pieces alternating each other in a skewer dipped in water (to avoid blackening).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 20 mins.
- Do not bake it for long time as the paneer pieces will turn rubbery.
- Rotate the skewers for even browning.