This is an excellent accompaniment for Biriyani's.....
All you need is..........
Brinjal - 1/4 kg (chopped lengthwise)
Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
Peanuts - 4 tblsp
Cumin seeds - 3 tsp
Curry leaves - a sprig
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - a stick
Dry red chilli - 4
Tomato - 1 big (chopped)
Chilli powder - 1 tblspn
Tamarind concentrate - 1 tblspn
Oil - 4 tblspn
Salt to taste
- Dry roast cumin and peanuts. At the last stage add fenugreek and cool them. Then grind them into powder.
- Heat a tawa with 2 tblspn of oil and add the brinjals. Saute till they become tender. Remove them from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same tawa, add the remaining oil and season it with curry leaves, mustard seeds, cinnamon and dry chillies. Add tomatoes and cook until they become mushy.
- Now add the chilli powder, tamarind and the brinjals along with 1/4 cup water. Add the ground peanut mixture and cook till the oil separates on the sides of the tawa.
- Garnish it with cilantro.
Serve it along with briyani and enjoy..... also goes well with rice and roti.