These Minty snail rolls were very soft and they went along very well with a cup of coffee for Sunday's breakfast.... Remember not to roll them out too thin to keep the filling, as they tend to pop out during the second rise. Also do not add water while preparing the filling for they'll become difficult to handle.
All you need is..........
For the dough:
Wheat flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Yeast - 2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tblspn
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Warm water - 1/2 cup
Olive oil - 1 tblspn
For the filling:
Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Salt - as needed
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Green chilly - 1
- Mix yeast and sugar in warm water and let it stand in a warm place for 10 mins until it becomes frothy.
- Take flour and salt in a bowl. Add yeast mixture and knead it into a soft pliable dough. Apply oil to it and place it in an oiled bowl. Cover it with a cling wrap and leave it in a warm place for about an hour until it doubles in volume.
- Prepare the filling by grinding all the ingredients in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Now, punch down the air and divide the dough into 8 parts. Roll out each part into a disc, apply the filling, roll it into a thick wire and swirl it around to snail shape. Repeat the process for all the 8 parts.
- Place them in a baking tray. Allow it for the second rise.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 20 mins until they turn golden brown on top.
Have it warm with a cup of coffee and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!