Recipe source : The Chef and her kitchen
All you need is..........
Wheat flour - 1 and 1/2 cup
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Warm water - 1/4 cup
Yeast - 2 tsp
Olive oil - 2 tblspn
For the masala
Onion - 1 big (chopped)
Green chilli - 6 (chopped)
Coriander - a bunch (chopped)
Curry leaves - a sprig (chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - 1 tsp
- Microwave milk and water for 30 sec till its lukewarm. Add in the yeast and place it in a warm place for 15 mins until it becomes frothy.
- Heat a pan with oil. Crackle the cumin seeds, add the chillies followed by the onions and cook until it turns translucent. Then add the coriander along with salt. Switch off the stove. Let the mixture cool down.
- In a mixing bowl take the flour. Add salt to it. Pour in the yeast mixture and start kneading it. After it becomes a smooth dough, add the onion mixture and knead again until it is well incorporated.
- If its too sticky add some flour. Knead well until it becomes smooth. Oil the dough and the bowl. Let it double in volume.
- Then punch down the air and make small balls. Place them in a baking tray and allow it for the second rise.
- Brush it with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds. Place in a preheated oven for about 15 - 20 min until it turns golden brown.
Serve it with butter and enjoy with a cup of tea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!