Payasam is believed to be the food of the Gods.... and I think its true to the core.... not only because of its richness but also b'cos of the flavour they carry along filling the home with divinity..... I bet there couldn't be none who hate it... Payasams are the last golden touch of every rich meal.... Since it was our wedding day, I made this paasiparuppu payasam... The celebration was complete with it....
This moong dhal payasam does not call for much ghee and so in a way quite healthy... Moreover they can be done with ease and do not require much time.....
You will need..........
Moong dhal - 1 cup
Raw sugar - 1/2 cup (you can replace it with jaggery)
Milk - 2 cup
Water - if needed
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Cashews - 1 tbsp
Almonds - 1 tbsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Heat a pressure cooker with 1 tsp ghee. Add moong dhal and saute it until it lets out a nice aroma.
- Add a cup of milk along with half cup of water and cook the dhal for upto 3 whistles.
- After the pressure is released, just mash the dhal once.
- Add the remaining milk, sugar and vanilla essence. Bring it to the desired consistency.
- Top it with raisins, almonds and cashews fried in a tsp of ghee.
Offer Gods food to the Gods ;-) or enjoy them warm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!