3 Dec 2012

Palak Roti


So 'Sweet November' is over..... Here comes the best part of the year..... the final month of '12.... So how was the weekend? Yesterday I tried making meat ball gravy and it ended up a total disaster... all the meat balls became indistinguishable after they bounced into the curry..... so this has become a challenge for me... I have decided not to give up and very soon I would make them perfect again and post in here..... 
For dinner, I had some left over palak leaves in my fridge and decided to incorporate them into my roti's.... and yeah!!!!!!!!!!! they had the wonderful green tint on them along with all their 'healthy' tags......... I did not add in any spices as I had a spicy cauliflower gravy to go along with it.....



You will need..........

Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
Palak leaves - a small bunch (blanched and pureed to make 1/4 cup)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Warm water - as required (add only if the dough is dry and if it is needed)


Get going..........
  1. Blanch the palak leaves in hot water and run it thro' a blender to make 1/4 cup puree.
  2. Add wheat flour, palak puree, salt and oil to a mixing bowl and make a soft dough. Add more flour if the dough is very moist and add water if the dough is dry. Rest for a while.
  3. Divide the dough into balls and roll them out into flat discs.
  4. Heat a tawa and place a disc on it. You will see bubbles appearing.... then flip it over and cook until it turns golden brown. Repeat the same for the other balls.



Enjoy it along with the curry of your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...