Hurrah!!!!!!! Its the week-end.... and with Christmas just round the corner, each week is all the more interesting with its finishing touches..... I'm thinking about baking chocolate brownies and some sugar cookies tomorrow.... Let's see how it goes.... By the way, today's recipe is a very simple, yet delicious one... It is a very good lunch box item and can be prepared very quickly.... remember there is no grinding part at all but it tastes rich and special... so it's a perfect Friday lunch recipe.... Just go ahead and give it a try....
You will need..........
Rice - 1 cup (soak in water for 1 hour)
Tomato - 2 (chopped finely)
Onion - 1 (chopped lengthwise)
Peas - 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 2 (slitted)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Clove - 2
Cardamom - 1
Bay leaf - 1
Salt - to taste
Oil - 3 tsp
- Heat a pressure cooker with oil and season it with bay leaf, clove, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add in the green chillies followed by onion. Saute until the onion is golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell vanishes.
- Then throw in the peas and saute for 2 mins.
- Next the tomatoes go into the pan. Add turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder along with the required salt. Cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now, drain the rice and add it. Saute it for a two mins.
- Add in 1 and 1/2 cup of water or even less. Mix everything and bring it to boil.
- Close the pan and lower the heat dial. Let it cook for 20 min. Switch it off.
Enjoy your tomato peas pulao with pappad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!