7 Dec 2012

Strawberry Muffins


Now, being summer here........ its the season of strawberries........... strawberry, strawberry, strawberry... all over the place. Last weekend I bought two boxes to start with... I had a whole lot of strawberry recipes to be tried out but I ended up with only one box the next day (I couldn't resist eating them fresh ;-)... So I thought it was high time I started baking these muffins.... 


I pureed a box and added them to get the flavour in the entire cup... I just chopped a few and topped over each one which started sinking by the time my muffins were done.... Those pink spots on the top... are trails the strawberries left before traversing in.... If you do not wish to have them pureed you can even chop them.... roll them into the flour mixture and bake them as the original recipe called for...... I think they might even make them prettier..... Try as you wish....


You will need..........

Flour - 1 and 3/4 cups
Corn flour - 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 2 tsp
Raw sugar - 3/4 cup
Egg - 1
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
Canola oil - 1/4 cup
Strawberries - 1/2 cup (pureed) + 4 (chopped)


Get going..........

  1. Take flour, baking powder, salt and cornflour together and sieve them in a bowl. Ensure they are evenly mixed. (If you are adding chopped strawberries, then rub them into this flour mixture so that they do not sink down) 
  2. Mix sugar in milk and see that it is completely dissolved. Then add the oil, slightly beaten egg, vanilla essence and pureed strawberries.
  3. Now add in the dry ingredients to the wet in batches and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
  4. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and pour the batter into the cups.
  5. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 mins at 190 deg until done.
  6. Cool them on a wire rack and store in containers. 



These muffins are even more moist and tastier the following day.... So enjoy it with a cup of coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog....
It would be greatly appreciated if you could leave your comments which are valuable to me..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...